Account Executive (Food Broker)
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY: The Affinity Group Account Executive is responsible for planning and executing a customized sales strategy for their unique segment of accounts, including, but not limited to Healthcare, Compliance, K-12, Multi-Unit, Hospitality, and College/University. This position is deeply knowledgeable in key account segment and builds and maintains close relationships with the Food Service Directors and the Chefs at all assigned operators. The Account Executive is always available to their clients, contacting them on a regular basis, participating in local functions, cutting/demonstrating products, training and educating the key personnel and always working to better understand their product needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements customized sales strategies, in conjunction with the Director of Sales, aimed at their segment of key accounts.
- Works closely with the entire sales force and openly discusses go to market strategies, competitive reconnaissance, successes, and challenges.
- Stays up-to-date and knowledgeable about the operators in their account segment and acts as a resource and solution provider for their customers.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the key distributors in the local market in order to gain buy in and support to stock and sell distributors products.
- Understands each of the following for their strategic accounts: menu rotations, population and trends, desired cost structure in each segment of the menu, opportunities to penetrate or convert items, training and education of products, and multiple uses for products.
- Maintains an up to date profile folder of each customer; utilizes the CRM system weekly to report on sales call activity, updates and follow ups, in addition to customer profile management.
- Maintains and monitors stock status sheets of participating distributors with the assistance of the Distributor Account Managers; communicates any changes of usage positive or negative, as well as changes on who will distribute to the strategic account.
- Provides sales results and updates to manufacturers on an as needed basis.
- Maintains samples in assigned office.
- Addresses client’s quality control issues and communicates the process for resolving issues.
- Participates in visits to key strategic accounts and has a prepared itinerary a week in. advance.
- Is able to cook food products and put menu combinations together to aid in the sale process.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Some college preferred
- Experience with a food service brokerage agency foodservice operations management and/or national manufacturer calling on key regional accounts and/or operators.
- Ability to execute and follow through a sales plan.
- A positive, professional, and proactive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership and management skills preferred.
- Adept at building trust and credibility
- Planning and organizational skills
- Works well with teams and has strong motivational skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic planning skills
- Using the CRM System daily
- Call Reporting in CRM System
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibilities:
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to Territory Sales Manager
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate demands of position (some weekends included)
- May require travel up to 75% of the time within territory.
The Affinity Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Affinity Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?