The Dealer Field Support Manager will co-manage the Dealer Field Support (DFS) department, a team of Support Representatives whose primary objective is to train and support the Auto Program dealer network. This individual will work with their Dealer Field Support Manager counterpart, Operations Manager, and Executive Director of Dealer Operations & Support on all DFS related IT project requests and process improvement to increase efficiencies, increase the total number resolved support requests and trainings within the department. Responsibilities will include collecting and analyzing performance data and creating performance matrix for individuals within the department and for the department as a whole. Additionally, identifying and implementing operational changes for the department, to improve processes, procedures and overall department productivity and efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate the planning and execution of new training programs
- Monitor and analyze team member’s workload & output related to dealer trainings, support requests, other dealer field support related tasks with co-manager
- Develop operational improvements to increase department productivity and effectiveness.
- Document and implement best practices as Standard Operating Procedures
- Administer new and refresher training on SOPs as necessary.
- Strive to improve the quality of the department processes
- Identify strategic issues having the greatest impact on future business performance
- Understand business operations and document processes and workflows to optimize departments goals
- Develop measurable business objectives and goals
- Implement a strategic performance management plan with co-Manager
- Work with the Executive Director on opportunities for process improvements to facilitate positive change
- Work closely with team members to maintain technical and user documentation
- Will co facilitate department meetings
- Responsible for reporting department performance metrics on a weekly/monthly basis with co-manager to upper management
- Counseling of employees who are performing below standards
- Other Duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience monitoring and managing department performance goals
- Previous experience creating and maintaining performance matrix
- Strong leadership skills in training, coaching and mentoring
- Excellent attention to detail while managing priorities, deadlines and commitments
- Must be a team player with the ability to also work independently
- Ability to understand business processes and produce quality, detailed work while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Solid understanding of the objectives of the Dealer Field Support department
- Excellent follow-up, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Professional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Exceptional administrative skills
- Detail-oriented; able to multi-task and organized.
- A strong, customer-oriented work ethic is critical
- Ability to establish good working relationships with all team members to foster Teamwork and creativity
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills while self-managing priorities and commitments
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work on-site and travel as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Supervisory role with direct reports is required. Experience in an Operational or Information Technology role is highly desired. A four-year college or university degree, or minimum of two (2) years of related experience working in the automotive industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Auto Industry experience is preferred.
With Headquarters based in San Diego, CA, ADG provides marketing, sales and operational services to assist its partners in growing and developing their consumer base.
Affinity Development Group
Why Work Here?Affinity Development Group (ADG) specializes in developing automotive affinity programs for major brands, like Costco Wholesale and Navy Federal Credit Union. With Headquarters based in San Diego, CA, ADG provides marketing, sales and operational services to assist its partners in growing and developing their consumer base.
If you are interested in working for a Company that values their employees, clients and members, then this is the place for you.