Commissioning Engineer Intern
- Vision , Medical , Dental
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. (AEI) is a leading, multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm and collaborative community of over 800 employees who plan, design, and deliver high-performance, innovative, and holistic engineering solutions - positively impacting society and advancing humankind.
Recognized in the Top 20 Engineering Firms and Top 3 Science and Technology Firms since 2000 by Building Design + Construction Magazine, AEI is dedicated to enhancing public health and improving patient outcomes, advancing revolutionary biomedical research, and enabling the next generation of scientific discovery and technological innovation through remarkable design and award-winning projects.
From collaborating with the California Air Resources Board to transform air quality in the world's largest, zero net energy emissions testing facility to creating human-centric, technically advanced clinical environments that elevate communities - such as Healthcare Design Magazine's 2022 Design Showcase Winner, Sarasota Memorial Hospital in Venice, Florida - our work reflects the highest standards in sustainable design practices.
As a Commissioning Engineer Intern in our Washington DC office for Summer 2024, you will help us empower our clients to achieve energy-efficient building solutions, save global environments, and create a better, greener future for all.Responsibilities
Here's why we need you:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to approach engineering in unconventional ways: testing the installations rather than designing them. You will apply your knowledge while working on significant and complex projects, work alongside professionals known for advanced engineering solutions, observe how a successful engineering firm operates, establish ties that could solidify your professional future, and learn within a friendly, supportive environment.Qualifications
Expertise of our most successful Commissioning Engineer Intern:
- Enrollment in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering program from ABET accredited school.
- Completed 3 years of coursework or have a junior standing.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Leadership involvement in extracurricular activities/student organizations.
Effective skills to help you flourish:
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Detail oriented and able to follow logical flows.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quick technical comprehension and motivation focused on client outcomes.
- Able to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Effective working individually and within team environments
Our dedication to you:
- AEI passionately invests in our brilliant talent by allowing for personal and professional growth through supporting clients like NASA; the National Institutes of Health and Cone Health System; the US Department of Homeland Security and US Department of Energy; and Stanford University and the California Institute of Technology.
- Our flexible and collaborative work environment demonstrates our dedication to employee appreciation and collective commitment to excellence.
- We provide the opportunity to serve the greater good of humanity through work on cutting-edge, state-of-the-art projects like Promega Corporation's Kornberg Center, The University of Arizona's Biomedical Sciences Partnership Building, AbbVie's West Coast Oncology Hub, and BioMed Realty's Gateway of Pacific.
- Our culture encourages professional development while adhering to a set of core values that drive company and team decisions. Our commitment to these values - innovation and expertise, integrity, communication, quality, responsibility, opportunity, and growth - informs both project decisions and behavior amongst colleagues and clients
- An exceptional benefits package (health, dental, vision) and a year-end bonus based on company profits, individual responsibility, and performance.
We provide the tools and a support system to ensure a thriving career. If this environment and opportunity to work on world-changing projects align with your goals, we would be thrilled to meet you.
Come and collaborate with us!
To be considered, apply online at https://aeieng.com/about/careers/.
If you know other candidates that would excel at this position, please share this posting with them directly via email, or to your
network on LinkedIn.
AEI is proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.Employment Type: OTHER
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.
12300 Twinbrook ParkwayRockville, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.