Senior Android Development Engineer
Product Development | Houston, Texas | Full-Time
Relocation Assistance Available
Flexible/Remote Options Possible
HIDIVE is an online and global video streaming platform offering anime and other entertaining content to viewers worldwide. Our customers can view anime across a range of platforms including: Web, iOS, Android, Android TV, AppleTV, Xbox, FireTV and Roku. Our technical team utilizes the latest cloud-based technologies for building the back-end services and the front-end applications. We hire smart, talented team-players with a passion to solve complex and interesting problems and to learn and utilize the latest technologies.
We are looking for a smart and talented Sr. Android application developer. This position will work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders to formulate complex mobile media-centric architecture and to develop Android (phone, tablet and TV) apps. The scope of work includes design and development of the next generation of our Android apps. Our apps are highly customized and require integration with a number of products and services including Android subscription management, cloud-based video streaming services, content management and analytics engines.
- Author technical documentation - e.g., software architecture and design - to capture proposed solutions including pros and cons to communicate and gain peers feedback
- Architect, design, develop and validate new, or augment existing, software features
- Author unit-tests and automated tests for new services, APIs or software features
- Evaluate, maintain and improve system’s resiliency, load-handling and performance
- Reproduce, investigate, remediate and validate software defects
- Participate in technical project management activities including standups, retrospectives, code review and dev-tests
- Research new technologies and services and provide assessment and recommendations
- Proactively identify technical, project, product and organizational bottlenecks and inefficiencies and suggest improvements
- Clearly and regularly communicate ideas, proposals, issues and recommendations with peers and management
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to junior team members
- MS/BS in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college/university
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in Java and Android SDK, native app design, development and enhancement with at least two published apps
- Expert knowledge of UI frameworks, MVC and reactive touch-based UI
- Experience with designing APIs, JSON/XML parsing and interfacing with server-side REST interfaces
- Experience with Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- Experience with caching mechanisms
- Full exposure to at least two Android app development cycles from UX design to store submission
- Solid experience in unit testing and continuous integration
- Strong foundation in computer science, including competencies in data structures, algorithms, concurrency control, object-oriented software design patterns and software optimized for embedded systems (i.e., storage and latency optimization)
- Demonstrated ability to formulate solutions to complex business requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for learning and investigating new technologies, services and products
- A self-motivated individual who takes ownership
- An inquisitive and creative thinker with passion to solve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication skills
Full time employees receive generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits, paid holidays, group health insurance plan and company-supplied snack and beverage lounge among other perks.
This position will be located in our new headquarters in Houston, Texas. We strive to maintain a fun, casual and friendly environment at work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms and/or legs.
- Able to Lift up to 30lbs
- Frequently required to sit.
It is the policy of HIDIVE, LLC and its professional staffing company, Aesir Media Group, LLC (AMG), to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, HIDIVE and AMG will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.