- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aery Aviation, LLC is an industry leader in Design, Engineering, Certification and Aerospace Services. We design and engineer solutions for a variety of aviation, aerospace and commercial clients. We continually develop and apply innovative methods, techniques and technology to meet our clients ultra-critical, time-challenging, cost sensitive, superior-reliability requirements. We serve all Federal branches of the US Government, commercial customers and foreign aerospace defense companies.
Aery is seeking an experienced Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic to work in a number of various functions spanning, routine and non-routine maintenance, supporting aircraft modification work scope, structures work, avionics work, system troubleshooting and meeting continuing airworthiness requirements for ongoing fleet efforts.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Qualifications (Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Certifications/Licenses):
· Hold a valid FAA issued A&P License
· Experience working on Gulfstream G-IV
· Possess good troubleshooting skills
· Possess excellent communication and people skills
· Possess problem-solving and organizational skills
· Be willing to work a night/third shift position including nights, weekends, and holidays
· Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety
· Is comfortable reading engineering data including installation, assemble details, wiring diagrams and schematics; often ones that are under development and need relevant, experienced feedback for the Aery Engineering Team as a function of the iterated design process Aery utilizes.
· Is experienced working within the constraints of an organizational quality system.
· Is comfortable working independently or on a team.
· Is a self-starter.
· Is able to travel, sometimes for long durations.
· Is able to conduct a practical assessment at time of interview of basic A&P functions.
· Experience and ability to troubleshoot systems and a nature that welcomes the challenging of learning new system.
· Experience with Microsoft O365 tools and utilities
· Additional Position Requirements:
· Troubleshoot all aircraft systems
· Responsible for making critical decisions regarding aircraft safety in a timely manner
· Able to perform all line maintenance functions unsupervised, at any time
· Meet all FAA and Safety Requirements
· Proficient in all documentation and paperwork, including parts paperwork
· Domestic and international travel may occur
· Drug Free Workplace Drug Testing Program participation required.
· This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
· Requires a broad and comprehensive knowledge of aviation and aerospace defense products.
We offer the ideal candidate the opportunity to build a team, be part of a progressive organization, have a high degree of autonomy and receive a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k. Interested parties please email resume to address provided. Please feel free to visit our website at
www.aeryaviation.com to learn a little more about who we are.
Aery Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aery Aviation job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
AddressNewport News, VA
TravelView all jobs at Aery Aviation
Get fresh General Aviation A&P Mechanic jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.