Our client, a gene therapy company in Cambridge, MA, is looking for a research associate within their Vector Engineering group to support the advancement of adeno-associated virus/AAV-based therapeutics.
If you are passionate about developing treatments for rare diseases and eager to advance the AAV gene therapy field, this is the role for you.
The candidate will be supporting the advancement of the client's therapeutics through several methods: molecular and biochemical techniques, mammalian cell culture, and cell-based assays.
- Work with a dynamic team to generate and characterize novel AAV gene therapy viral vectors
- Work with senior research staff to develop methods and conduct research in support of cGMP vector manufacturing platform
- Design and conduct molecular biology experiments
- Troubleshoot and develop new technologies
- Communicate results and research progress during team and departmental meetings
- Prepare, write, analyze, and present technical data and reports
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to drive innovation
- BSc in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or cognate discipline
- 1-5 industry experience preferred
- Solid knowledge base of and experience in molecular biology techniques
- Mammalian cell culture experience required
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Strong collaboration, team-working skills and communication skills
- Independently motivated and detail-oriented with good problem solving ability
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.