Leading Aerospace company seeking hands on techncians with a mechanical aptitude. Ideal candidate must have relevant industry knowledge in Space.
- Fabricates/assembles basic to moderately complex components and structures; coupled with material and varied compound preparation;
- Conducts pre and post inspection of work in progress before performing next operation and proceeding to next Workstation to insure all quality requirements are met.
- Interprets blueprints and other instructions and proceeds to complete the assignments
- Communicates written and orally clearly
- Mechanical assembly including threaded fastener and adhesive bonding using hand tools like torque wrenches, digital levels, calipers, force gauges.
- The materials for the work will be composite panels, solar cells, and machined parts
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Must be diligence in maintaining paperwork associated with hardware assemblies so as to maintain trace-ability.
- Requires experience following procedures but also able to work with engineers to create new processes.
- Knowledgeable with structural bonding and application of coatings using various epoxy and silicone adhesive products.
- Working level understanding of force, torque, and precision hand tools.
- Organizational ability to follow, or determine, optimum order of assembly for complex structures and devices.
- Familiarity with electrical harness assemblies is preferred, including ability to interpret and work to electrical assembly schematics as well as basic electrical tests such as continuity and insulation resistance.
- 4 years or more documented experience in technical work. Aerospace experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equal - Junior college, trade school or university preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specification requirements, and shop work instructions;
- General ability to use precision tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gages and other tools related to the job requirements;
- General ability to use digital multi meters, power supplies, and source meters
- Develops a general knowledge of material characteristics such as stress, expansion and shrinkage
- Working ability with algebra and geometry
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.