Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct audits of production areas to ensure GMP compliance.
* Maintains documentation of all products produced for purposes of traceability.
* Initiates quality holds where necessary.
* Documents production paperwork dealing with quality and food safety information.
* Swab production lines for cleanliness.
* Perform tests to ensure compliance with Company product specifications.
* Calibrates quality equipment (e.g. thermometers) used in support of production.
* Executes hold actions and disposition for substandard product.
* Support continuous improvement initiatives in all areas of the plant.
* Provide constant and consistent quality leadership to production operators.
* Special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Perform analysis on finished product and raw meat samples according to plan of control and record information to assure that finished goods and in-process samples are in compliance to all specifications.
* Perform bench-work and micro analysis according to SOP's and standard methods.
* Enter analysis results into database and analyze recorded information to determine any trends.
* Perform required environmental tests.
* Perform audits on equipment, materials, products and procedures to assure that the lab is in compliance based on Lab Excellence standards.
* Maintain the laboratory in a clean, safe and orderly manner on a daily basis.
* Manage documentation for the Supplier Complaint program.