- Must have 5 years' of experience as a Process Engineer within paper or pulp manufacturing
- Bachelor's Degree in Paper Science or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of Industrial experience
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving, reasoning, and teamwork skills
The job is broken up into three categories:
process engineering, continuous improvement, and quality management.
- Implement and manage process improvement projects.
- Develop project scope through interaction with plant personnel.
- Supervise and direct projects through installation and debug; evaluating and modifying
- to achieve optimum performance. Prepare and present special reports to management as needed.
- Interact with department heads and group leaders to solve process problems regarding issues in any of the manufacturing areas with the goal of improving safety, efficiency and reducing overall delivered cost.
- Investigate needs and possibility for improvements in any and all processes in the plant through observation of present conditions and discussions with all plant personnel (maintenance, production worker, managers, etc.).
- Establish and implement processing parameters and standard operating procedures for manufacturing, training operators and technicians to understand and utilize the procedures properly
- Support cost reduction activities through process improvement, process modification, tooling modification, scrap reduction, equipment changes, material changes, yield improvement techniques, etc.
- Utilize statistical methods to improve efficiency, quality and scrap reduction.
- Assist in sampling and approving new materials.
- Plan and lead Lean Six Sigma BB projects
- Organize and facilitate Lean CI events.
- Deliver effective process and financial business improvements.
- Manage and coach Six Sigma GB projects.
- Plan and communicate CI initiatives and results with management staff.
- Document CI program, update CI database, conduct project report outs.
- Perform process measurement, and data mining.
- Assist organization with project selection and prioritization.
- Assist in compliance with NSF and YUM Customer and Food Safety audits
- Develop and implement cost-effective quality systems and techniques consistent with company and customer requirements. Establish and implement quality-awareness programs and develop systems to track results.
- Manage EtQ data base, create documents, policies, procedures, statistical reports and complaint logs. Special projects to include management of product hold area, finished goods disposition area, and complaint inspections.
- Manage the PI Data Base
- Develops and maintain the system that supports the ISO 9000 system including the development of training modules and auditing schedules. Conducts internal ISO audits for local facility. Works with external auditors to manage triennial contracts for local facility.
- Develops manufacturing standards and BOM's for fiber and product in local facility.
- Audits daily key quality parameters and ensure action is being taken to address deficiencies.
- Provide guidance and support in administering the NSF program, including maintaining documents required by NSF for annual certification audits. Conduct quarterly audits of NSF for local facility.
- Maintains records of approval for all chemicals used in the process.
- Provides guidance, training and support in implementing EtQ systems.
- Maintains database and documents of all gage equipment that indicates the equipment is calibrated at proper intervals.