This nationwide company is looking to add a designer to their engineering team at their location outside of Champaign, IL.
This location services the companies aftermarket and application products and service for select product groups. This includes doing custom designs and refurbishing of products to meet customer specifications.
- Experience 3d modeling, preferably sheet metal experience
- Hands on mechanical aptitude
- Develop designs within the required cost restraints
- Maintain and update product design schedules
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery
- Develop and maintain BOM and change orders
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office
- Bachelors or Associates in Engineering or CAD related degree
This office is attached to a manufacturing floor. This position will be part of a two-person engineering team. This designer will train under a senior engineer and collaboratively with plant manager and other manufacturing teams to ensure quality.
This is a 12 month contract to hire but may be a possibility of it being a direct hire.