Currently looking for a Food Laboratory Technician.
Laboratory testing includes, but is not limited to, microbiological, shelf-life, fat, and solids testing, as well as, allergen testing where appropriate. Plant/facility Quality monitoring includes, but not limited to, ATP swabbing, Air Quality Monitoring, Water Quality Monitoring, Environmental Pathogen Monitoring, Allergen Testing where appropriate, and raw material, work in process, and finished product sampling and monitoring.
All tasks require proper documentation and record keeping consistent with the documentation control procedure outlined in the SQF system.
Additionally, the Quality Systems Technician will be responsible in maintaining proper inventory of all laboratory items and supplies.
This position is not limited to above description as other responsibilities may include tasks, projects, or plans given by Management.
- Routine component testing of incoming fluids (raw milk, skim, cream, etc) using FOSS InfraXact equipment
- Microbiological testing as appropriate for raw materials, work in process, and finished products including SPC, coliform, and yeast/mold 3M Petrifilm plating
- Sensory Evaluation of products during and at end of Shelf-Life
- Equipment pre-operational inspection including visual inspection and ATP swabbing
- Air quality monitoring within the facility using RCS Air Sampler and PDA pour plates
- Water quality monitoring within the facility for coliform and TPC
- Environmental pathogen swabbing within the facility
- Allergen testing of equipment and products where appropriate
- Maintain proper inventory of all laboratory
- Maintain all proper documentation and records associated with responsibilities
- Coordinate with third-party laboratories as appropriate for sampling and testing necessary
- Assist Quality Systems Manager in other duties as needed
- Maintain laboratory as needed with regular cleaning
- Provide regular reports to Quality Systems Manager of testing and monitoring activities
- Must follow all proper Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintenance and implement components of SQF System as required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.