Looking for an Environmental Scientist to join an Environmental multi-disciplined Wetland and Natural Resource consulting firm specializing in fields of biology, ecology, botany, forest ecology, and arboriculture. Their diverse background enables it to assist on any project. The staff is trained in wetlands and Waters of the U.S. delineation, stream assessments, regulatory permitting, and wetland and stream mitigation, plus much more. Virginia Certified Professional Wetland Delineators (PWD), Professional Wetland Scientists (PWS), International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborists (ISA-CA), and Certified Ecologists make up the staff.
- Wetland Delineation field experience. (Definition: Wetland delineation establishes the existence (location) and physical limits (size) of a wetland for purposes of federal, state, and local regulations. Wetland delineation is also an element of a jurisdictional determination.)
- Regulatory permitting
- Stream assessments and Chesapeake Bay studies
- Prepare technical reports including proposals, professional reports and presentations, profit/loss analysis, ect.
- Will include a mixture of office and field work
- Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, or related degree
- Experience in Wetland Delineation
- Knowledge of federal regulatory regulations
- Permitting Experience
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS), or Wetland Professional in Training (WPIT), or Professional Wetland Delineator (PWD), is a huge plus
- AutoCAD experience is a plus
- Experience drafting (They do their own drafting)
- Stream Restoration experience
- Experience preparing technical reports