Creates and updates features in the enterprise GIS based on digital and physical design, as-built, and other source records. Performs records research to improve accuracy and quality of the GIS.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Digitizes and/or converts pipeline and land-base data from construction records, GPS data, and other source record formats
- Researches historical as-built and purchase records to update and ensure accuracy of GIS
- Converts, prepares, aligns and loads activity and event data such as ILI/assessment/survey data into a linearly referenced GIS (APDM)
- Maintains right of way, structure, site and other land-base data in GIS
- Provides quality control of geospatial data and mapping products and utilizes source record drawings and surveys to ensure and improve spatial accuracy of data
- Reconciles spatial discrepancies within field-collected GPS data
- Provides specialized queries and reports to meet customer requirements/specifications
- Communicates effectively through use of email, phone, online and in-person meetings
- Performs safely and ethically in a corporate environment
- Conducts professionally in an office setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- GIS certification or relevant education backgorund in geography, engineering, computer science.
- ESRI ArcGIS 10.2 - intermediate proficiency
- Proficiency with variety of GIS concepts, practices, and procedures
- MS Access - intermediate proficiency
- MS Excel - intermediate proficiency
- MS Word - intermediate proficiency
- MS PowerPoint - intermediate proficiency
- SQL Knowledge - basic proficiency
- Relational database management systems - basic proficiency
- Excellent ability to apply math skills to drafting problems such as scaling
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.