Aerotek is actively seeking an entry level GIS technician for a full time position offering competitive pay and benefits available.
- Bachelor of Science degree in GIS related field is required (environmental, geography, natural resources, urban planning, geology, or forestry, etc.)
- 2 years of experience (this can include internships)
- Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
- GIS Technicians will support major distribution projects for the utility industry and will utilize Small World for GIS work
- GIS Technicians will be responsible for closing out GIS work orders in Small World
- Each project will include preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and ROW acquisition, development of BOM, estimating costs, etc.
- The utility is upgrading their distribution infrastructure and the engineering firm has the contract to provide the GIS support
Job Type: Full-time
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.