- Conduct thorough and detailed quality audits of lines to ensure products meet established quality standards.
- Communicate any deviations to the appropriate parties promptly.
- Responsible to have thorough understanding of the operating equipment and day to day operations and any future changes on them.
- Report any deviations to QA Manager in complete appropriate details.
- Assist QA Manager in improving the department and the quality of products in general.
- Exercise good judgment in carrying duties and responsibilities.
- Report any housekeeping issues that need attention.
- Audit paperwork of operators to ensure they are meeting quality standards
- Assist Production associates in improvement processes
- Assist R&D as needed
- Document all areas of non-compliance and insure corrective action to eliminate them;
- Work with Production Managers, Supervisors, and hourly associates on daily issues and problems
- Utilize computer to enter and track result data
- Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards.
- 3 years of food manufacturing experience and at least 1 year of Quality Assurance experience preferred.
- BS in Food Science or related Major is strongly preferred.
- Good math skills
- Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods)
- Knowledge of GMP and Quality systems
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- For business and safety reasons, must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.