A premium environmental firm is looking for a multi-disciplined Wetland and Natural Resource environmental scientist. Our staff is trained in wetlands and Waters of the U.S. delineation, stream assessments, regulatory permitting, and wetland and stream mitigation, plus much more. Virginia Certified Professional Wetland Delineators (PWD), Professional Wetland Scientists (PWS), International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborists (ISA-CA), and Certified Ecologists make up the staff.
They are currently hiring for an Environmental Scientist or Senior Regulatory Specialist. This person will be responsible for conducting and managing routine to complex wetland and natural resource projects, work closely with a team of wetland and natural resource professionals and business development. They will have a working knowledge of local, state, and federal regulatory regulations and processes in Virginia, Maryland, DC, and West Virginia.
The position will include a mixture of office and field work during all seasons of the year.
1. Wetland Delineation field experience. (Definition: Wetland delineation establishes the existence (location) and physical limits (size) of a wetland for purposes of federal, state, and local regulations. Wetland delineation is also an element of a jurisdictional determination.)
2. Regulatory permitting
3. Stream assessments and Chesapeake Bay studies
4. Prepare technical reports including proposals, professional reports and presentations, profit/loss analysis, ect.
1) Wetland Delineation (Section 401/404) (Min of 2 years exp)
2) Vegetation Surveys/inventories
3) Regulatory Permitting
1. Degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, or related degree
2. Experience in Wetland Delineation
3. Knowledge of federal regulatory regulations
4. Permitting Experience
5. Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS), or Wetland Professional in Training (WPIT), or Professional Wetland Delineator (PWD), is a huge plus
6. AutoCAD experience is a plus
7. Experience drafting (They do their own drafting)
8. Stream Restoration experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.