Mechanical Installers needed immediately!
Pay Rate:$22 or $27 (based on experience)
Location: Pittsburg, California
Hiring for Mechanical Installers at their Pittsburg, CA facility. These are contract roles that are projected to last for 1-1.5 years. This project is specifically to provide train cars for contracts in Honolulu, HI and Miami, FL.
This candidate will be responsible for assembling and installing various mechanical components into train cars.
- This includes but is not limited to equipment associated with propulsion, pneumatic supply and brake control, air conditioning, fiberglass panels, glass, flooring, seats, doors, etc.
- Mechanical installers will be working with a variety of hand and power tools and measuring devices to perform this work.
- For each process or procedure there will be specific work instructions, blueprints/drawings etc.
- It may also be required to document and record work performed an materials utilized.
Ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience within the rail or transportation industry performing hands-on mechanical installations or repairs
Next best candidates will come from Aerospace or Aviation industry performing similar job functions (i.e. A&P mechanic etc.). Other backgrounds that could fit are Auto Mechanic (or someone who performs lower level automotive repairs), carpentry or trades background, mechanical assembly, mechanical technician, or someone who has an overall good technical/mechanical aptitude.
Must be able to operate basic hand tools and power tools. Ability to read tape measure.
- Ability to read work instructions, general understanding of drawings/blueprints (i.e. on the most basic level they could read blueprints/instructions from Ikea furniture and assemble)
- Ability to lift/move 50lbs consistently
- Knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems is a plus
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
This company is also very big on safety and candidates must consistently follow safety protocol on the job. This is a hands on and physical job. Installers will be on their feet, kneeling, bending, etc. for the majority of the day.
Contact Recruiter: Curtis Boissonou (925) 983-3315
Send resume to: