- Expired: November 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you interested in working directly with global companies' high precision mechatronic systems? Are you high-tech and hands-on, working with motion control products and providing technical solutions? If so, we want you to apply.
Our founders shared those same passions when they started Aerotech in a garage in Pittsburgh's East Liberty in 1970. Today, from our home base in RIDC Park, O'Hara Township, we're a market leader in engineering and manufacturing precision motion and automation -- and at our core we're still a bunch of makers, builders, crafters and people who like to figure out how stuff works. Our employees are our future, and we continue to grow by investing in our employees. At Aerotech, we build careers.
At Aerotech, you will:
Advance industries with precision motion technology in a clean climate-controlled environment, while advancing your career with continuous paid on-the-job training.
Earn respect and have an opportunity to grow within the company, while receiving competitive compensation, annual merit increase eligibility, and cash profit sharing bonus every 6 months.
Benefit as Aerotech continues to grow with our industry-low turnover rate, health benefits with affordable employee contribution, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Trust.
The Applications Engineer will work directly with high technology companies, government laboratories, and research institutes around the world and provide analysis and consultation on customer requirements for high precision mechatronic systems. They develop technical solutions, proposals, and quotations; and serve as project engineers. Entry-level Application Engineers are generally assigned to application and technology areas with less complexity and will rely on the Applications Engineering Manager to fulfill all duties.
- Reviews customer documentation and analyzes customer applications
- Makes motion component and system recommendations
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates
- Delivers technical presentations to customers and prospects
- Performs system testing and analysis to support Aerotech's selling process. Testing typically includes motion profile programming, motion profile optimization, servo optimization, and transformations between hardware and part space.
- Responsible for portraying all technical aspects of applications by creating Application Data Sheets (ADS)
- Reviews customer information, quotes, and ADS for technical accuracy and applicability.
- Project management of the post-sales process on various jobs
- Generates technical content for white papers and application notes
- Qualified applicants will have earned a Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Mechanical Engineering (BSME), or Computer Engineering (BSCoE) from an accredited college or university
- Zero to three years of relevant experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 15% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship. Aerotech does not provide US work authorization sponsorship for this position. OPT and CPT visa holders are not eligible for employment if they will need work authorization sponsorship at any time in the future.
As part of our engineer development program, your position will include work experiences (via short-term rotations) in related engineering roles (typically in different departments). Any such rotations will be arranged with your supervisor - aligning your interests with business needs as available.
Must be authorized to work in the US currently and in the future without employer sponsorship.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
The Company is collecting the information requested in this employment application for purposes of evaluating your suitability for hire by the Company. The Company will share the information that you provide in this employment application only with Company management officials who are involved in the hiring process or who are otherwise involved in making employment-related decisions on behalf of the Company.
TechnologyView all jobs at Aerotech, Inc.
Get fresh Mechatronic Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.