- Posted: over a month ago
Aerotech, Inc is currently hiring an Applications Engineer to work in our global headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA.
Aerotech is a market-leading engineering and manufacturing firm that produces motion control and high-precision automation products to our clients all over the world. These world-class solutions push the boundaries of what is possible in the industrial, medical research and aerospace markets, to name a few. We have received numerous corporate awards for innovation and employee satisfaction (including being named a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 2020).
The Applications Engineer will work directly with high technology companies, government laboratories, and research institutes around the world and provide analysis and consultation on customer requirements for high precision mechatronic systems. They develop technical solutions, proposals, and quotations; and serve as project engineers. Entry-level Application Engineers are generally assigned to application and technology areas with less complexity and will rely on the Applications Engineering Manager to fulfill all duties.
- Reviews customer documentation and analyzes customer applications
- Makes motion component and system recommendations
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates
- Delivers technical presentations to customers and prospects
- Performs system testing and analysis to support Aerotech’s selling process. Testing typically includes motion profile programming, motion profile optimization, servo optimization, and transformations between hardware and part space.
- Responsible for portraying all technical aspects of applications by creating Application Data Sheets (ADS)
- Reviews customer information, quotes, and ADS for technical accuracy and applicability.
- Project management of the post-sales process on various jobs
- Generates technical content for white papers and application notes
- Qualified applicants will have earned a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Mechanical Engineering (BSME), or Computer Engineering (BSCoE) from an accredited college or university
- Zero to three years of relevant experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 15% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship. Aerotech does not provide US work authorization sponsorship for this position. OPT and CPT visa holders are not eligible for employment if they will need work authorization sponsorship at any time in the future.
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing Bonus Program
- 401(k) Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Health Insurance
- Company Paid Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Education Reimbursement
- Financial & Retirement Planning Resources
What You’ll Love About Us:
Our company culture has always centered around one thing: achieving results by being Dedicated to the Science of Motion. We feel a sense of accomplishment when our innovations are used to build technology that improves lives. Through our employees' hard work, focus on details, commitment and creative-thinking, we are not only able to make Aerotech highly successful, but also share that success with our employees. Whether it be through our profit sharing plan, Employee Stock Ownership Trust, comprehensive health benefits or education reimbursement, we are focused on rewarding results while supporting our employees’ well-being. Our employees are the building blocks of our company, which is why we uphold our track record of never laying off an employee and continually reinvesting our earnings year-after-year. We strive to prove to our employees that our dedication extends beyond today by providing long-term incentives and a vision for the future. If you are looking for a chance to build your future, apply today!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran or disability status.
The Company is collecting the information requested in this employment application for purposes of evaluating your suitability for hire by the Company. The Company will share the information that you provide in this employment application only with Company management officials who are involved in the hiring process or who are otherwise involved in making employment-related decisions on behalf of the Company.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Aerotech, Inc.