ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER
Aerospace Company seeking to hire an Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager in Valencia, CA.
This position reports to the site in Valencia. As our EH&S Manager, you will ensure site compliance with environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements, as well serve as an advocate for our site’s safety program. You will act as a role model within all areas of manufacturing.
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager will use established procedures and work under general supervision to implement and maintain company policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations. The incumbent shall be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the environmental health and safety field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks, multitasks and stays focused, where a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
• Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations.
• Create, maintains, and updates safety and environmental procedures programs.
• Prepare, maintains and updates environmental and safety regulations for the facility.
• Conduct safety audits, safety committee meetings, accident investigations, ergonomic evaluations and
emergency supply inspections.
• Advise manufacturing departments on accident-prevention and safety enhancements
• Coordinate safety training classes, schedules and programs.
• Conduct new hire safety orientation.
• Keep current with changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization and communicate them
• Obtain and renew all required environmental permits.
• Maintain the site pollution prevention plan.
• Prepare and file all reports required by permits and regulatory agencies.
• Obtain waste analysis and accumulation of data required for proper designation, labeling, placarding, and
• Prepare hazardous waste manifests and bill of lading per proper DOT regulations.
• Track hazardous waste and maintain documentation including account billings.
• Identify and investigate methods to reduce hazardous waste by alternative manufacturing, materials,
processes and recycling opportunities; Implement recommended changes.
• Perform weekly site checks for proper storage, labeling, disposal of hazardous waste and materials and
maintain inspection log sheets.
• Be a participant of the Emergency Response Team.
• Work with and coordinate with a variety of vendors and related professionals in the delivery of all related
• Any other tasks assigned by the EH&S Manager or other management.
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of applicable environmental rules, laws and codes including
CFR’s, EPA, AQMD, DOT, RCRA
• Ability to use Windows based software programs such as Word and Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well with representatives of government and regulatory agencies
• Willingness to investigate potentially hazardous situations
• Demonstrated ability to conduct stand up presentations
• BS degree in Environmental Safety and Health Science or equivalent experience.
• Certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED, HAZWOPER, Emergency Response, IH, CIH, Forklift Trucks,
Respiratory fit Cert, HM181 & DOT
• Working conditions can be indoor and outdoor environments for a manufacturing
• Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety
glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps, respirators and any other required PPE
• May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, wet weather,
confined spaces, dust or fumes, Chemicals spills and or fire.
• Standard Monday-Friday schedule and willing to work overtime and weekends if necessary.
Special Work Conditions:
• Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card) for ITAR compliance.