Customer Service Adviser - Aviation is primarily responsible for processing initial production service requests, communicating directly with vendors and other providers to confirm those services using appropriate dashboards within company’s proprietary operations system. Use exceptional customer service skills to ensure services are professionally arranged in a timely manner in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and client preferences by collaborating closely with external providers, internal team members and other departments. Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Associated Duties:
- Disseminate initial production service requests to vendors and other providers as documented in the trip write-up process and indicated in proprietary mission support system with minimal supervision.
- Complete service confirmations for requested products and services as documented in the trip write-up process and indicated in proprietary mission support system.
- Review inbound messages from vendors and respond to requests and assign appropriately in proprietary mission support system.
- Monitor Mission Support System to ensure details are completed and all services are acknowledged and confirmed for assigned missions.
- Check all transactions, messages and requests before transmission and thoroughly review each folder upon completion of the assigned task to ensure accuracy; maintain high level of quality as defined by individual quality and productivity performance measures.
- Identify issues and work with peers and management to recommend solutions to increase the quality of products and services.
- Actively works to develop skills and expertise.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
· Some college or equivalent military experience required.
· Minimum of three (03) years of work experience; experience working in the aviation industry a plus.
· FAA Dispatcher License or Air Traffic Control certification a plus.
· Experience as a scheduler or dispatcher in a flight department a plus.
· Must be proficient and capable of working in a computerized office environment including:
· Proficiency in navigating multiple databases simultaneously to serve clients in a timely and efficient manner
· Ability to apply attention to detail to ensure accuracy of data entered into proprietary trip support system
· Ability to use a multi-line telephone to include, but not limited to placing calls on hold, transferring calls, and setting up conference calls
· Ability to apply basic math skills to accurately calculate flight schedules
· Ability to apply military time using 24-hour clock
· General knowledge of geography and the ability to determine how it relates to travel
Open floor plan with cubicles in a team based call center environment
Rotating shifts in a 24/7, 365 days a year operation
This position description highlights a general description of duties and responsibilities. Employee(s) may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described herein, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Company.