IT Help Desk & Security Manager
AeroGrow is a small, fast-growing public company with multiple servers hosted internally and in the cloud and a heavy technical integration with its partner companies. We are looking for an IT Help Desk & Security Expert who is open to wearing multiple hats and is particularly interested in system management and security. The successful candidate will be an experienced IT generalist with great people skills and who thrives on a wide spectrum of tasks, from hands-on user support to proposing IT initiatives and demonstrating short-term and long-term ROI.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibility:
- Govern the security of all IT platforms and ensure all IT infrastructure meets or exceeds all compliance guidelines and security best practices to improve and maintain company security and provide complete protection of user and customer information.
- Administer a local network environment including multiple Microsoft servers and Juniper network gear, as well as a cloud-hosted, LAMP-based web server environment. Responsible for the cable plant including LAN, WAN, firewall, router, switches, wireless, and related services.
- Meet all user Help Desk needs and ensure all IT user issues are managed, solved, and communicated, including fixing hardware and software issues as necessary.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, network software and operating system software.
- Create implementation plans and setups, and manage server and application deployment, upgrades, updates to cloud services, and version releases.
- Monitor the performance of computer systems and networks to ensure optimal performance and drive solutions for the future.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc program, software, and hardware training for new and existing employees as needed and requested.
- Maintain full company compliance with SOX and PCI regulations, including ensuring proper authorizations and sign-offs from Business Owners and organizing all documentation and information so it is easily accessed, referenced, and is fully SOX compliant.
- Liaise with Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG) regarding all integrated systems, processes, and servers, including:
- Tracking issues escalated to the SMG team
- Ensuring all deadlines are met by both partners
- Procuring equipment through SMG and externally as needed
- Coordinating with SMG regarding the maintenance of local server infrastructure
- Coordinating with SMG regarding remediation of network security vulnerabilities.
- Evaluate and propose new IT software and systems with an eye toward security, business ROI, and user experience.
- Manage company’s Change Control process for key networks and systems, tracking and documenting projects to ensure proper compliance.
- Create, update, and manage IT budget.
- Any and all additional projects as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record managing security for e-commerce platforms and content management systems.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing systems, networks, hardware, and software in a multi-server environment.
- Proven track record of strong personnel management skills with a wide variety of personnel.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on diplomatic problem-solving.
- Extensive SAP experience and comfortability with all aspects of the software.
- LAMP Server experience, SQL experience, and fluency in programming language, and knowledge of Mac and/or Linux platforms highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and in particular, high level of Excel mastery, as well as strong Power Point preparation and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, and in particular, the ability move a project from concept to reality both individually and in a team environment.
- Superior communication skills – clear, concise, thorough, and proactive.
AeroGrow International provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AeroGrow International complies with all applicable state and local laws governing