Marketing and Communications Manager
- Expired: March 12, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
AeroFarms is seeking a Marketing + Communications Manager to work on our Marketing Team.
Since 2004, we have been transforming agriculture with people and planet in mind. As a Certified B Corporation, we use the latest breakthroughs in indoor vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology to fix our broken food system and improve the way fresh produce is grown and distributed locally and globally. We have built a proprietary agriculture platform to grow a wide array of products, delivering superior flavor, better quality, and improved nutrition with the highest levels of traceability and food safety in our industry.
- Understand plant biology to be great farmers and solve broader problems in agriculture
- Serve communities by leading with brand and providing access to high-quality, consistent, and safe products
- Protect the environment for future generations, growing more while using less
- Invest in our AeroFarms team and foster our company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who run toward problems without hesitation and find creative solutions. We're changing the world. Our work is for the bold. If a team of 300+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today.
AeroFarms Marketing team is responsible for managing overall brand strategy and performance, building thought leadership, understanding consumer and competitive insights, owning product portfolio and margin contribution, driving sales velocity, and partnering with Sales and Customer Logistics to deliver annual plan.
The Marketing + Communications Manager will play a critical role communicating our award-winning brand value proposition, building community, and driving engagement with a focus on performance branding and omni-channel marketing. Must be passionate about food and making a difference with an insatiable interest about brands and connecting with consumers.
- Manage brand voice and implement all consumer ads, promotions, events, PR campaigns (including pitching), partnerships, and budget to achieve AeroFarms targeted KPIs and OKRs for brand awareness, growth, engagement, and sales.
- Report out on weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual programs to track and optimize performance and ROI.
- Manage CRM and audience building marketing efforts to inform omni-channel marketing approach of the customer journey and path to purchase.
- Own website project management, directly overseeing developer team and managing website backend and frontend to ensure world-class UX that is data analytics driven including Google analytics + SEO strategies and execution.
- Oversee project management and timelines for the design and development of all creative assets needed for campaigns.
- Help with Corporate Thought Leadership positioning, events, speaker engagement and industry relations.
- Support on-site and remote events as needed including occasional events on evenings and weekends for sampling, panels, festivals, etc.
- Manage budget.
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a similar role in marketing preferably within CPG. Ideally, some agency experience.
- Significant tenure handling communications within the CPG, food, sustainability space with key media contacts.
- Ability to leverage insights, develop and secure stories aligned to company priorities.
- Good track record in handling and successfully delivering on a high volume of complex projects and tasks.
- Clear and concise communication style that can effectively convey complex ideas written and verbally.
- Meticulous organizational skills, good judgment of brand and comms risks, and effective time management
- Excellent written communication skills with an ability to adapt tone and voice to various audiences with a particular track record of bringing food to life through words.
- Experienced with CRM platforms like HubSpot to manage overall customer campaigns and omni-channel marketing.
- A number cruncher at heart with strong analytical and Excel skills including being well-versed with market research to drive insights and strategies.
- Self-motivated and resourceful creative thinker who is extremely detail-oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Strong prioritization, planning and project management skills including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while keeping an eye on future projects while meeting regular deadlines.
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the world's problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there.
- Communication - we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you.
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we don't micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on planet earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key.
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans.
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
BusinessView all jobs at AeroFarms
Get fresh Manager Marketing Communication jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.