IT Principal Infrastructure Engineer
- Over a month ago
IT Principal Infrastructure Engineer
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
IT Principal Infrastructure Engineer:
As the IT Principal Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for R&D of new technologies, designing, maintaining, and supporting our growing internal and external IT systems with its accompanying user base. You will be working with existing technical teams who are both local and across multiple time zones. You will have to stay current to ensure that you are up to date with the latest needs of the business and industry best practices. You will ensure that all company hardware, software, systems are operating at peak efficiencies and issues raised are diagnosed and solved as soon as possible to minimize organizational impact. This is 100% hands-on role. Attention to detail and high level of organizational skills is critical for this position. At times you will work independently and self-sufficiently is key. Our work requires precision and accuracy, excellent memory is a necessary trait to recall important details, processes, and procedures. We are fast-paced, and your work will directly impact the entire company. This role is required to assist to the development of new policies and procedures for new and existing systems. You will help contribute & manage the page turn meetings, supplier network, contractors, vendors and manage installation of IT both locally and globally. Working with the Director of IT Infrastructure you will help contribute to the team's success. This is a 100% in-person role in our Newark, NJ facilities.
What you will need to succeed.
- Using design drafting tools such as AutoCAD, Lucid, Bluebeam, Sketchup, Procore.
- Project Manage the implementation of IT Infrastructure for new facility development
- Attend and represent IT Infrastructure as a driver during page-turn reviews
- Operate Aerial/Scissor lift
- Climb ladders, operate scissor lifts at 30+ft heights, access crawl spaces and roof tops.
- Acting as a liaison between IT Infrastructure and business units (Engineering, HR, New Farm Development, etc) and supporting their technical needs.
- Vendor and Infrastructure Implementation partner management and coordination
- Responsible for development and creation of design and configuration documentation, runbook creation, System & user provisioning
- General use of various power tools is required.
- Supporting the implementation of hybrid environment with On-Premises & Cloud Services (specifically Microsoft stack & Linux)
- 10-15 Years of IT Infrastructure Experience
- PMP Certified or shown equivalent experience
- Experience racking and stacking various IT Hardware
- Ability to obtain OSHA 10 + 30 outreach for construction.
- Ability to obtain Process an aerial/scissor lift operator safety course certificate
- Hands on job site experience with multiple trades; building, engineering & IT knowledge.
- Hands on job site experience with multiple trades; building, engineering, IT & Infrastructure knowledge.
- Comfortable with everything that you would find in a modern commercial office, aquaculture grow rooms, large food grade warehousing.
- Understanding the difference between High and Low Voltage while being comfortable with low voltage installs & repairs.
- Enterprise printing scanning, Conference Room setups
- Soldering experience is a huge plus!
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms - 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at AeroFarms
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?