(June Start) - Nutrient Prep Technician
- Expired: March 03, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
AeroFarms, the commercial leader in Vertical Farming is building the largest indoor vertical farm in the world in Danville Virginia! (We already have the Guinness world record for this in 2022 – this new farm is 4 times the output of that farm!) This flagship greenfield facility will service our growing customer base in the Mid-Atlantic Region once operational in 2022. This is an opportunity to help with the scaling of one of the most exciting AgTech Companies in the world (We won #1 spot in the Global Food Tech 500 list – 3 years in a row!)
At AeroFarms we are Non-GMO and use zero herbicides, fungicides, pesticides of any kind, along with using 95% less water compared to conventional agriculture and can grow the best leafy greens 365/24/7 without worrying about seasons!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022 AeroFarms is embarking on rapid growth in North America, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art automated indoor vertical farms across the country using the latest technological advancements available today.
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- The backing of impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
The Nutrient Prep Technician (NT) will be passionate about horticulture science and plants and will share our values around all teams conducting high quality. He/she will be an energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high standards and good judgment. Also, our organization values individuals who can lead by example and keep focus in a team-centered environment. Under the direction of the Horticulture Team Leader (HTL), the Nutrient Prep Technician will prepare bulk nutrient mixes, monitor concentrate levels, aid with minor tower maintenance and equipment calibration, and monitor nutrient inventory. The Nutrient Prep Technician (NT) will make sure he/she will always contribute to comply with safety and quality rules on the Company, to finish tasks promptly, to be always on top of communicated priorities, to collaborate to create and keep a positive work environment, and that he/she is effectively scouting, reporting and fixing things on the towers. The Nutrient Prep Technician (HT) should be able to operate with minimal supervision and always ask questions, tell the truth, and express feelings.
- Comply with Safety rules. Safety is everyone's responsibility.
- Comply with Quality rules.
- Collaborate and help to create and keep a positive work environment.
- To maintain horticulture equipment.
- To record, track, and calibrate equipment related to pH and EC
- To clean filters promptly.
- To weigh and mix fertilizers
- Make sure that nutrient tanks are monitored daily and levels are sufficient for production
- To monitor inventory of horticulture supplies.
- To identify and call out issues related to plant growth.
- To read and use grow room software as needed to verify plant condition and equipment calibration.
- To calibrate sensors.
- To collect nutrient solution and plant tissue samples for analysis as needed.
- To handle acids and acid management with the team.
- To correct EC, pH when out of range
- School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience with plants desired
- Experience with food safety and HACCP protocols desired.
- Positive, respectful attitude.
- Basic computer proficiency preferred
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Reliable attendance.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Able to operate and calibrate scales, calipers, EC/pH meter, HMI, and tablet (training provided).
- Able to stand and walk for long periods.
- Able to lift/carry items up to 55 pounds.
- Able to drive scissor lift and access plants 35 feet in the air after training.
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms - – 200 + employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
HealthcareView all jobs at AeroFarms