Aero Performance in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, is seeking an exceptional Warehouse Associate . The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and high school diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years warehousing experience.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday- Friday with the opportunity for overtime. We offer an outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, paid time off, Holiday pay and a 401k saving plan.
If you think you have the right stuff - submit your resume for consideration ASAP!
- Examine and unpack incoming shipments; record shortages and reject damaged items. Examine to ensure they meet specifications.
- Sort, count, identify, verify and if needed re-package all material as required; Affix inventory management label to packaging.
- Properly notate in via log/computer items/kits/products received into inventory.
- Move received and labeled product into proper staging area/receptacle • Perform both preventative and general maintenance on equipment and tools used to handle shipments including tape dispensers, cutting blades, etc. Arrange for adequate supply of shipping materials in work area at all times
- Assist in the recycling of materials by breaking down empty boxes and/or moving to recycling area.
- Adhere to safety standards at all times including lifting and ladder usage. Assist others with lifting as needed. Report injuries or unsafe work conditions - no matter how small - to manager immediately.
- Constantly organizing assigned area; Correct misfiles and or mis-labeled inventory items. Report any errors in product location and or labeling to supervisor immediately.
- Maintain clean working area at all times. Ensure floors are free of debris. Sweep as needed. Constantly maintain and uncluttered, accessible and safe work environment across entire warehouse.
- Will also assist with order fulfillment, packing and shipping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 plus years prior work experience in a warehouse environment.
- Requires verbal and written English communication skills.
- Requires legible handwriting skills both alphabetical and numeric
- Good mathematical and analytical skills; Good deductive reasoning.
- Good organizational skills; Able to build a plan and execute.
- Attention to detail; Able to follow written instructions; Good record keeping skills.
- Team player; ability to work closely with medium size team establishing and executing daily goals.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to walk up and down step stool/ladder to count inventory.
- Medium physical work on a daily basis. Including bending, stooping, reaching, pulling, grasping.
- May be exposed to high and low temperature fluctuations. (50 degrees to 100 degrees)
- Must be able to read fine print on manufacturer labels including alpha/numeric characters 1/8 of an inch in size.
- Occasionally lift weight up to 50 pounds.
- Requires data entry using a computer keyboard, scanner, and/or mouse.
- Must be able to stand for extended period or walk throughout the warehouse on a daily basis
- Ability to change priorities when needed.
- Warehouse environment with occasional exposure to dust and loud noises.
Why Work Here?Aircraft Spruce/Aero Performance are the leading distributor/retailer for almost all major aviation products manufacturers. We provide a complete selection of OEM and PMA parts to OEM's, FBOs, MRO's, Airlines, corporate operators, flight schools, Military, and Government customers nationwide. With over 60 years of experience in the aviation market, Aircraft Spruce/Aero Performance gives our customers the confidence that the parts they need will be delivered to their facility on time and competitively priced.
We offer GREAT Benefits with opportunity for growth!