- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Aero Air is seeking an Experienced Avionics Technician
Aero Air, a premier aviation company at the Hillsboro Airport in Hillsboro, OR is seeking an experienced Avionics Technician to support our repair station's avionics needs. Required experience for this particular role includes working with DC9 or MD87 and preferred experience with Lear 31/35, Pilatus, Phenom, Mustang and Gulfstream, or any combination of these aircraft. We are looking for highly motivated people who will take pride in being part of our team.
We offer a very competitive wage and excellent benefit package! Relocation reimbursement consideration available! Aero Air offers a great benefits package including medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution
Required duties and responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required duties and responsibilities.
- Research technical data and perform inspection, testing, adjusting, and repair of avionics equipment.
- Inspect components of avionics equipment for defects, such as loose connections and frayed wire, and for accuracy of assembly and installation.
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness.
- Continual use of test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters and counters, and circuit analyzers.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective components based on analysis of test results.
- Read and decipher blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Calibrate installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Occasional travel to perform duties away from base.
- Repair and maintenance of company equipment.
- Maintains reliable, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Adhere to all Aero Air policies and standards of conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Experience working with DC9 or MD87 aircraft.
- Three to five years of experience in related aircraft avionics.
- Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Demonstrated use of hand tools and equipment.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to organize and plan work, adhering to deadlines; attention to detail
- Mathematical skills required.
- Valid U.S./state issued driver's license with clean driving record.
- FCC License preferred.
- A&P License desired but not required.
- Garmin experience extremely helpful.
- Corridor and maintenance/parts manual access software is desired.
Application Instructions - Apply directly on Aero Air's career website: https://aeroair.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Aero Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against any person for any reason. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, parental status, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Aero Air is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If interested in applying with Aero Air and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at HR@aeroair.com
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Aero Air, LLCHillsboro, OR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.