NO ON-CALL Maintenance Technician (The Louis in Minneapolis, MN)
- Posted: October 25, 2022
Part Time up to 30 hours/wk
Open to Full-time interest with about 10 hours of roving included
The Louis in Minneapolis, MN
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated 5,900 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 17,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you'll discover hard work that's worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a part-time Maintenance Technician to join our team in Southeast Minneapolis, MN at The Louis! The Maintenance Technician will support all aspects of the physical operations of this 70-unit apartment community in Prospect Park. This includes the responsibility to ensure that Aeon standards are met in each of the following areas: preventative maintenance, safety and security, physical condition, market appeal, customer service promises, and utility conservation standards. The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Site Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned by performing a wide variety of general maintenance and repair functions including:
- Appliance repair
- Air handler and general HVAC maintenance
- Lock changes
- Apartment turnovers
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc;
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have proven knowledge and experience in all areas of general maintenance
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc... is required
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon's diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance is required
- Own basic tools
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
- Ability to complete daily tours between properties including but not limited to inspecting grounds, common areas, hallways, stairwell and apartment homes
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
- Ability to withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
- Ability to quickly respond to sights and sounds that may pose a threat to persons or property
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are open to part-time and full time interest. Full time staff would work about 30 hours/wk at The Louis and would rove the other 10 hours. Aeon offers a comprehensive benefit package for full time staff that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program. In addition, this Maintenance Technician position has NO On-Call!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/2556806.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.
Real EstateView all jobs at Aeon
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?