Maintenance Technician (Archdale & St. Barnabas in Downtown Minneapolis, MN)
Aeon (MN) Minneapolis, MN
- Expired: June 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of quality, affordable homes in the Twin Cities. Since 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 5,600 apartments and townhomes. These homes provide stability to more than 15,000 people each year. At Aeon, we believe everyone deserves a home. But the threat of homelessness is real. Too many people are struggling to make ends meet. One illness, one day without work, one family emergency, could leave them with nowhere else to go. Together, we will act boldly to create and preserve quality, affordable homes for those who need them most. With Aeon, you'll discover hard work that's worth it. Learn more about Aeon at www.aeon.org.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team St. Barnabas & Archdale apartments in Downtown Minneapolis, MN! The Maintenance Technician will support all aspects of the physical operations of our apartment communities that includes the responsibility to ensure that Aeon standards are met in each of the following areas: preventative maintenance, safety and security, physical condition, market appeal, customer service promises, and utility conservation standards. The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Property Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned by performing a wide variety of general maintenance and repair functions including:
- Appliance repair
- Air handler and general HVAC maintenance
- Lock changes
- Apartment turnovers
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc;
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have proven knowledge and experience in all areas of general maintenance
- Ability to engage in high level customer service that is culturally responsive, ensuring consideration for differing needs and expectations of residents, staffs, vendors, community members, etc... is required
- Must have a commitment to learning and participating in Aeon's diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts
- Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
- Possess a valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance
- Own basic tools
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
- Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Aeon offers a compressive benefit package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program. In addition, this Maintenance Technician position has NO On-Call!
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1844973.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon values a diverse work environment. People of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Real EstateView all jobs at Aeon (MN)