Summit Township, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summit Township, MI
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000
Aegis Worldwide is partnered with an automotive supplier in the Jackson area that is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team!
- Results for this position will be measured by internal customer satisfaction and supplier metrics.
- Drives and champions quality improvement efforts internally and externally (supply base).
- Respond to, and fully support, company plant production by ensuring all supplier parts meet engineering requirements.
- Responsible for advanced product quality planning, roadblock remover, and successful launch of supply base components (on time and zero defects)
- Ensures that internal needs for Control Systems are established, communicated and met in a timely and functional manner at the supply base.
- Conduct supplier audits of Implemented Corrective Actions Plans, quality systems and overall operations.
- Provides expert analysis, guidance and support to Production/Supplier in Process Improvement activities, including effective use of Problem-Solving tools / techniques, statistical analysis and Inspection Equipment and Techniques.
- Conduct Supplier Quality Training at suppliers' facilities to meet customer's specific quality expectations/requirements.
- Utilizes analytical skill sets to implement root cause analysis and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Optimizes Process Capability on critical characteristics at the supply base through effective application of statistical analysis techniques and Problem-Solving.
- Proactively work with suppliers to minimize and/or eliminate launch and ongoing quality/performance issues.
- Report Supplier launch, quality and performance progress/problems to company management
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering; OR a combination of two years Manufacturing Engineering / Quality Assurance experience in the automotive industry.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of APQP, inspection equipment and techniques, root cause failure analysis, capability studies, statistical distributions, machine and assembly processes, problem solving, PFD/PFMEA/Control Plan, PPAP, 8D/5Why, team facilitation and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Knowledge of TS16949 required.
- Experience with Supplier Development a plus.
- Experience with report writing in Microsoft Word and graphical analysis in Minitab strongly preferred.
Apply today to join a prominent company that offers full benefits, bonus opportunity, and growth!
Aegis Worldwide partners with 700+ Manufacturing and Engineering firms across the country looking to hire top talent.
Aegis WorldwideWhy Work Here?
**Amazing pay, even better benefits. Contact if interested!**
AddressSummit Township, MI
Websitehttp://teamaegis.com/ View all jobs at Aegis Worldwide
Get fresh Manufacturing Quality Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.