- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Direct Hire (5 Positions Available)
Salary Pays up to $75k based on Experience
This position is being posted in collaboration with an automotive exhaust manufacturer in Southern Indiana. We are seeking to hire professionals who are ambitious, self-motivated, and open to new opportunities. The individuals who take on this role will play a large part in the progression of our company. You will assist in all new projects related to engineering within our company. Ideal candidates for this role will be experienced Maintenance Technicians, CNC Programmers, and or PLC Programmers/Editors who are prepared to take on the early responsibilities of an engineer. There will be room for growth within this position in the future.
*Please see below for more information on this position.*
POSITION TITLE Specialist, New Projects Engineering
DEPARTMENT New Projects Engineering
REPORTS TO Supervisor, New Projects Engineering
Provides technical support to designated projects and specific production lines. This includes new project planning and implementation focusing on the areas of safety, quality, cost and productivity as related to equipment, processes and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of new projects, meeting all requirements of the new projects gate system
- Complete trials for bending, welding and assembly
- Development of inspection standards
- Development of process plans
- Development of tooling/jig work plans
- Development of internal tooling drawings
- Development of new project cost reduction ideas and implementation
- Participate in research for innovation
- Participate in the development of standard work
- Participate in the development of investment proposals
- Reporting to other new project groups
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess mechanical (e.g. tool/die, CAD design) and electrical skills (e.g. welding, robotics, PLC)
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing materials (stainless steels, tool steels, etc.)
- Automotive assembly methods background
- Working knowledge of TPS, manufacturing equipment, processes, and materials
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and project management skills
- Possess a positive attitude and be a motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment
- EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering preferred
- Consideration will be given to equivalent engineering experience in a similar manufacturing environment, automotive preferred
- Some domestic and international business-related travel required
TechnologyView all jobs at Aegis Worldwide
Get fresh Day Shift Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.