I'm working with a plastics manufacturing client that is in search for a mold tech. Multiple shifts open!
QUALIFICATIONS – Level 1
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have adequate test scores on: Math, Graphic, Thurstone, Mechanical, and MacBeth Color tests.
- Minimum of 1 year molding experience preferred.
- Prior experience preferred.
- Must be capable to use forklift, tugger, or pallet jack as needed.
- Level 2 Molding Operator completion preferred.
- Must be able to perform scanning activities.
- Required Skills-Level I
Responsible for preparing & staging material in accordance with the production schedule and supervisor direction to meet production requirements without downtime. This requirement includes blending materials using blender as needed.
- Responsible for raw material delivery to machines using portable white bins, Gaylord’s, bags, or other containers, ensuring no cross contamination takes place by properly confirming all materials before adding them to containers or dryers.
- Responsible for ensuring dryer temperature settings are set to meet the required temperature for all materials to be used in production.
- Responsible to complete the cleaning of granulators, hoppers, machines and areas around machines during setup or troubleshooting activities.
- Responsible to perform color changes as needed and start the machine for production following the correct guidelines.
- Responsible for setup of entire production area, making sure all products, or containers in WIP Ques, and every station are in FIFO, order, and organized during the setup process.
- Set-up machines according to production plans by following production procedures and quality procedures, confirming all required packaging & items are present at startup.
- Attach all auxiliary equipment to molds and machines as required during setup & staging activities to prevent downtime.
- Start molding machines according to set-up condition sheets and any special instructions.
- Responsible to complete all start up and end of run documentation per the company TS standard.
- Responsible to assist with machines during shift startup and shutdown activities.
- Ensure quality parts every start-up by reviewing the product & confirming with quality control department as needed.
- Must be able to learn and operate overhead crane, forklift, and use set-up tools while following all safety requirements.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and solve any set-up problems that are encountered.
- Minor duties to include: operate machines, secondary production (assembly), as directed by the shift supervisor.
- Must participate in career path development up through Level II.