Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate prototypes as well as products, for evaluations and customer samples in a manufacturing lab environment.
- Utilize blueprints, drawings, or verbal instructions using math and basic computer skills.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software to produce and evaluate designs.
- Contribute to the development of work instructions, production test fixtures and processes, testing records, production logs, specifications/tech manuals and drawings, BOM (Bill of Materials), and other engineering documents using SolidWorks, Microsoft Office suite, CAD software, etc.
- Analyze component and field product failures, document and recommend corrective actions to improve reliability.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to assembly personnel if/when unit is approved for mass production.
- Propose, design, and construct tests to challenge and/or prove product design features and product reliability. Summarize and conclude findings of tests performed for engineering analysis of those findings.
- Communicate with Engineering Staff on unit performance and functionality issues.
- Perform in-process and final testing on equipment in accordance with industry testing protocols. Document results according to industry requirements (UL, NSF, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain documents and test data produced during the prototype build process.
- Technical training and two-year degree with 5+ years of related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to read, record, interpret, and/or create technical data and documents required.
- Requires strong communication skills (written and verbal), including excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all organizational elements and motivate people in a positive, constructive manner.
- Must possess strong organization/project management skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Proven experience with sheet metal design and build experience a plus..
- PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite) required.
- Training in corrective and preventative action processes helpful. 5S & Lean Manufacturing Training helpful.