Overview: A manufacturer in Danville, IL is looking for an Operations Manager to join their team! In this role you will be responsible for leading and developing the production department while meeting all safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics. You will be driving continuous improvement initiatives and implementing critical processes and programs that deliver on the overall business objectives.
Location: Danville, IL
- Demonstrates through actions, working safety is a core value by making decisions and setting direction that demonstrates commitment to providing a safe work environment for all employees.
- Grow capabilities of the Production team through application of operational excellence principles: Servant Leadership, Common Goals, Employee Engagement, Knowledge Sharing, Problem Resolution, Process Discipline and Continuous Improvement.
- Manages necessary change positively, raising the performance bar such that world class manufacturing performance and regulatory compliance is sustained.
- Responsible for administration of employee policies consistently in accordance with policy manual and local/state/federal laws.
- Set measurable expectations of performance by providing both positive reinforcement of desired activities and positive correction on missed opportunities.
- Champion continuous improvement activities that incrementally grow workplace safety, quality and productivity by utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and TPM methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Engineering field – Chemical Engineering or Engineering required.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in setting manufacturing operations goals and coaching a diverse team’s daily execution.
- Experience applying Lean Manufacturing, Operational Excellence Principles and 6 Sigma methodologies.