Aegis General Insurance Agency Harrisburg, PA
- Expired: May 10, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Aegis General Insurance Agency Inc., is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join its Accident & Health team at its headquarters in Harrisburg, PA.
Founded in 1977 and acquired by K2 Insurance Services in 2013, Aegis General continues to expand its product offerings and distribution by developing new insurance programs and increasing the number and geographic diversity of its marketing, sales, and support staff.
Aegis General offers the opportunity to join an established company in growth mode. Our pay and benefits program includes a competitive hourly pay rate; bonus plan; medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period; paid time-off in year of hire; 401(k) with employer match; flexible work schedules; business casual dress code Monday-Thursday and blue jeans every Friday.
The Administrative Assistant works with little supervision to perform a variety of daily duties related to multiple A&H insurance products.
Responsibilities for the job include, but are not limited to:
- General office duties:
- Daily Mail Processing: Distributing checks, bank statements, & state documents to different office personnel; scanning and emailing incoming mailed documents out to designated personnel; creating UPS mail shipments & tracking for claims documents.
- Responsible for checking shared email inboxes throughout day and dispersing documents accordingly.
- Data Entry & Customer Service:
- Processing incoming eligibility requests each day: New member enrollments, terminations, changes, & card requests entry in computer system; Maintaining corresponding file documentation in ImageRight; Customer service with agents and HR contacts to communicate requests processed.
- Handling incoming department calls & responding to voicemails throughout day.
- Completing weekly department printings (letters/labels/ ID cards/certs).
- Assisting with monthly billing – checking bills for accuracy and stuffing envelopes to send via postal mail.
- Enrollment Platform:
- Assist in the upcoming transition from existing enrollment process to an updated, web based platform.
- Work with existing customers in new platform education.
Additional Periodic Processing:
- Assisting with program system transitions thru 2021 which includes data entry of group and employee transfers, creating new policy and certificate documents, and mailing out updated documents in bulk to the members.
- Assisting with new group set-ups & group terminations which includes system processing and documentations.
- 5 years’ experience in general office administrative work – scanning, emailing, phone etiquette. Experience acquired in an insurance company or insurance agency is a big plus.
- Quick learner comfortable working with different computer systems, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and basic math/accounting skills.
- Needs to be self-motivated and able to work individually with minimal oversight.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment able to work efficiently to meet processing deadlines and provide timely customer service; strong time management skills.
- Detail-oriented; accuracy & attention to detail are key; comfortable multitasking with strong organizational skills
- Team Player with a Positive Attitude.
- Customer service focused with strong written and verbal communication.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Learn more about Aegis General Insurance Agency at www.aegisgeneral.com and K2 Insurance Services at www.k2ins.com.
Aegis General Insurance Agency
BusinessView all jobs at Aegis General Insurance Agency