Senior Real Time Graphics Software Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Aechelon Technology, Inc. is a leading producer of 3D simulator content, including Geospecific visual/sensor databases and realistic 3D models. We seek people who share our passion for real time computer graphics, and commitment to our mission of helping make our Nation’s pilots safer. We will give you a chance to work with some of the most talented people in the graphics industry.
Our Software team is looking for a Senior Real Time Graphics Software Engineer to help us in our mission. You will be a key part of the small Core Software team designing and developing our real time graphics rendering engine and content creation tools, taking our art path and its integration with our shader engine to the next level of realism and performance, with your primary workplace at our Overland Park, Kansas office. Periodic travel to Aechelon Technology’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA is required.
Applicants must be qualified to work with export controlled materials.
- Passion for real time computer graphics and solid software engineering principles
- 5+ years of experience in design and architecture of 3D real time graphics applications for the game, broadcast, entertainment or visual simulation industries
- Experience leading a team of peers in shipping exceptional products within the constraints of a delivery deadline
- In-depth knowledge of and experience programming in C and C++ languages
- Experience developing OpenGL or Direct3D applications, including both real time engines, graphics tools for the content creation pipeline and programmable shading
- Experience with GPU computing platforms such as OpenCL, CUDA, or DirectCompute
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with export controlled technology
- Experience with rendering engines and scene graphs such as Intrinsic Alchemy, OpenSceneGraph, Unreal, Unity, or Source
- Experience with multi-processing real time systems
- Experience developing image processing software
- Experience with defect tracking systems such as Bugzilla or Jira
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) systems such as Perforce or Subversion
- Experience developing tools to work with geographic data such as KML, vector files, digital elevation and satellite imagery
- Experience scripting in Python.
We offer a very attractive compensation package including competitive base salary, company performance-based profit sharing, 401k, 100% employer paid health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, std, ltd, and life insurance plans).
No relocation reimbursement provided.
For more information about our company, please visit www.aechelon.com
Aechelon Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing access and opportunities to individuals with disabilities. If you are an applicant who is unable to fully utilize/access our application process because of a disability, Aechelon Technology will provide a reasonable accommodation. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request that accommodation, and please be sure to include a detailed description of your requested accommodation, your name and preferred method of contact.
Throughout its twenty-two-year history, the company has maintained an unparalleled track record in program deliveries for the US Marine Corps, US Navy, US Air Force, US Army, Special Operations Command, US State Department Foreign Military Sales programs and the US Coast Guard, with all excellent Past Performance Evaluations.
The company has demonstrated its capability for programs such as P-8A Poseidon, MQ-4C Triton, MQ-8 Fire Scout, AH/MH-6 Little Bird, MH-47G, MH-60M, MV-22, CH-53E/K, EA-6B, AV-8B, AH-1W, UH-1N, MH-60R, MH-60S, CH-47F, F-16, F-18 and F-35 Joint Strike Fighter, and for simulation of advanced multi-sensor pods such as WESCAM-20HD, ATFLIR, LITENING G4 and AN/ASS-44C. Furthermore, our systems provide direct stimulation of unmodified operational devices such as MINOTAUR (Multi-INt Operations Technologies And Unification Research). The systems also feature enhanced support for Degraded Visual Environments (DVE).
The Image and Data Generator products and data centers established a new standard for realistic image generation and sensor simulation using large scale multi-spectral database processing and Aechelon NexusTM centralized storage in tactical training, foreign-area familiarization, and mission rehearsal applications, now transitioning to live C4ISR1 use cases.
The company introduced a Space Resilient situational awareness architecture which allows multi-sensor live radar (SAR2 with or without GMTI3) and motion video (EO/IR) sensor fusion with interactive visualization against 3D synthetic databases. This system paves the way for GPS denied situational awareness, navigation and target acquisition; supporting use cases across the C4ISR chain and minimizing the OODA loop (Observe, Orient, Decide & Act), thus reducing human resources, overhead and emergency errors.
(1) C4ISR: Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance.
(2) SAR: Synthetic Aperture Radar.
(3) GMTI: Ground Moving Target Indicator
7410 W. 161st St Overland ParkOverland Park, KS
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?