Dallas Magazine Editor - Reporter -- Online & Print
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you are a talented, savvy online - social reporter - editor looking for a 30-year-old Dallas non-profit company that encourages you to run your own show and make your own editorial decisions, keep reading.
- Non-profit Advocate Media - Dallas produces five award-winning glossy print & online magazines, along with companion websites and social media, read by more than 500,000 people monthly. We need a conscientious, relationship-building writer/editor capable of following through on her/his own ideas with a candid, honest writing style suitable for both print and online reading.
- This is a great opportunity for a skilled reporter/editor to design her/his own job, with support from our senior editorial team. You must be ambitious and capable of shifting gears at a moment's notice, and you must also be able to work with us to develop your own hyper-local digital and print editorial strategy for one of our four neighborhoods.
- Also, you need to be excited about and experienced in online journalism of all kinds — we're growing our digital storytelling, and we need a leader to help build on our progress. The more you know about building engagement through Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and others, the more you will excel at and enjoy this job.
- If you're enthusiastic about journalism, and a visionary who has the ability to make things happen, this job is for you. Ideally, you've been a writer/editor for a couple of years but know you can be better if you're given a chance to do things the right way without being micro-managed.
- Preferably you already live in and love Dallas, you want to make a difference, you enjoy working with people, and you're eager to work in a fast-past, let's-do-this environment. Ideally, you'll also have a journalism degree, several years of experience writing for daily/weekly/monthly publications, and be eager to dive into digital/social media journalism, too.
Advocate Media-Dallas IncWhy Work Here?
We hire people capable of managing themselves so we don't get in the way of their creativity, success and financial rewards.
For more than 31 years, our non-profit media company has provided news and information to readers, even as we've helped hundreds of area businesses grow. We're creative, resilient, stronger than ever and growing — if you are interested in a career you can be proud of, we're looking for a couple of great people to join our team.
6301 Gaston AvenueDallas, TX
Arts and Entertainment