Advocate at Home offers comprehensive, quality home health and hospice care throughout metropolitan Chicago, surrounding counties and down to central IL. As Illinois’ largest, privately held home health care and hospice provider, we have the means and opportunities to enhance your worklife quality.
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Status: Full-time 1.0
Hours--M-F 8:30-5pm, no weekends, no holidays
- High school graduate.
- 3 years experience in medical billing of medical claims processing.
- 1-2 years prior successful collection activity and reduction in DSO
- Ability to operate data entry keyboard and 10 key calculator.
- Working knowledge of PC with experience in other word processing or spreadsheet applications.
- Orientation to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent knowledge of billing and third party reimbursement.
- Ability to understand broader scope of operations and adapt to changes accordingly.
- Ability to act independently and actively participate in development of action plans.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently.
- Ability to identify and set priorities.
- Ability to interface with a variety of Administrative staff, patients, and family members.Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Travel to other Advocate locations and outside seminars and meetings in all weather conditions on all types of roads..
- Ability to work flexible hours with possibility of overtime as appropriate.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case~by~case basis.
The purpose of this position is to help achieve the vision of Advocate Home Health Services by performing the duties of this position in a cost effective, results oriented and customer focused manner. This position is a critical component of the Reimbursement team and as such meeting individual performance expectations and contribution to team performance goals is required.
Participate in the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans for Reimbursement.
Coordinate and expedite the billing and collection activity for assigned business units to third party payors and patients in accordance with regulations established by the Federal and State governments. Secure payment on these invoices by following up with responsible parties, while ensuring customer satisfaction. Actively participate in management of receivables through action plans and identification of regulatory and payor~specific changes.
Responsible for designated weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting.
Maintain designated portion of accounts receivable, for both primary and secondary payors.
Organization and documentation of bills.
Identify, investigate, and verify sources of reimbursement and make decisions based on the information obtained, limited to denied claims, stale claims, payor changes, and additional payor information.
Maintain contact with software and hardware vendors for payor/unit~specific applications that are integral to the billing and collection functions (i.e., Florida Shared System, IDPA eligibility software, Private Duty software application).
Report on payor changes as appropriate in policy and procedure, including Federal and State regulatory changes, adjustments to reimbursement levels.
About Advocate Health Care
Advocate Health Care, named among the nation’s Top 5 large health systems based on quality by Truven Analytics, is the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest. Advocate operates more than 250 sites of care, including 12 hospitals that encompass 11 acute care hospitals, the state’s largest integrated children’s network, the state’s largest emergency and Level I trauma network, one of the area’s largest home health care companies, and the region’s largest medical group. Advocate Health Care has 4 teaching hospitals and is a not-for-profit, mission-based health system affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and the United Church of Christ.