Did you know...
- Advocate Aurora Health is consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in Wisconsin and Illinois!
- Our exceptional leadership team is committed to providing a great place to practice.
- Our CEO is dedicated to providing the best care and devoted to helping people live well!
- We recognize that as a Medical Assistant, you have a calling and that you are an integral part of the caregiving team. It is more than "just a job" but more so, an innate gift.
We are seeking full time compassionate Medical Assistants for a brand new outpatient facility in Wilmette for an Advocate NorthShore Pediatric Partnership. A SIGN ON BONUS IS OFFERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY!
Scheduled Hours: Shifts are one of the following including one late night a week and one weekend per month. Specialties may include Pediatrics, Neuro, Plastic, Infusion and others in addition to ICC, IM and Lab. Must be willing to support multiple physicians within the site.
- 7:30am - 4:00pm
- 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 10:30am - 7:00pm
The Medical Assistant is a key member of the patient care team by supporting the providers with the delivery of high-quality health care to ambulatory patients. Medical Assistants are vital to the effective operations of a fast-paced medical practice. Medical Assistants help patients transition from the outside world into the provider’s office. The Medical Assistant performs a variety of important tasks to promote optimal health for our patients, including:
- Assist providers with important clinical duties, such as physical examinations
- Act as a liaison between patients and providers/specialists
- Measure patient’s vital signs
- Administer medication
- Document patient information
- Collect specimens for testing
- Current Medical Assistant Certification/Registration required - CMA, CCMA, RMA, NCMA or CMAC. Non-certified Medical Assistants / MA must obtain certification or registration within four months of hire with AMG-approved certifying bodies (CMA, CCMA, RMA, NCMA or CMAC).
- Current AHA CPR certification
- High School Diploma or GED
We followed Lakeisha in Wisconsin at Advocate Aurora's St. Luke's Medical Center site as she talked about her "Day in the Life" of being a Medical Assistant. Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Wn4LOeLR4
At Advocate Aurora Health:
At Advocate Aurora Health, we pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Advocate Aurora Health, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that’s as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you’ll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you have the opportunity to change lives—including your own.
Diversity and inclusion matters at Advocate Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Advocate Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.