Human Resources Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resources Manager will cover company-wide human resources operations in the counties covered by Advocacy Links (Areas Served | Advocacy Links (advocacy-links.com), and may reside anywhere within our service area.
Job Description/Purpose: Provides human resource supports by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects. Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Manage hiring process by completing pre-hire background checks and verifications
- Complete initial interviews with potential applicants
- Responsible for internal and external job postings
- Maintain ongoing background checks and verifications (required every 3 years)
- Maintain employee files through records review and obtaining / uploading new documents
- Maintain employee contact information and lists for distribution
- Maintain electronic employee database records (Bamboo, etc.)
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Update company records with outside entities as needed including Indiana New Hire Registry, NACM, Occupational Employment Statistics, Health Insurance, etc.
- Coordinate IT matters with Technology Manager including new hire and termination information
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Maintains historical human resource records by keeping past and current records
- Coordinate with Division Directors / Oversee annual evaluation and disciplinary processes for employees
- Coordinate with Business Manager on Benefits Management for employees
- Coordinate with Business Manager on employee pay changes
- Collaborate with Business Manager to coordinate legal matters with attorney
- Complete requests for Verification of Employment
- Complete Workforce Development, wage and garnishment inquiries, EEO-1 and any other formal requests for employee information
- Act as primary contact for agency Worker’s Compensation needs for employees
- Supports employees & Administrative staff by uploading required documents to state software system, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Assist Training Director with approval of Bamboo training record requests as needed
- Improves quality results by evaluating and upgrading processes, directing changes
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, personnel requirements, implementing changes
- Develops administrative staff by suggesting educational opportunities
- Complete annual required training as assigned, with an additional 5 hours of Leadership or Human Resource Development
- Complete monthly staff training via TEAMS other formats assigned training as assigned
- Maintain required equipment (computer, internet, phone, printer, etc.)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Complete any other work-related requests as delegated by administrative staff
- Have outstanding proficiency in computer software including email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe PDF, Dropbox, Bamboo, TEAMS, file downloads and uploads, print to PDF, file conversions and accessing online resources. Employee must be proficient in Project Planning and Management, Scheduling, Process Improvement, Self-Development, Performance Management, Quality Focus, Managing Processes, Technical Understanding and both written and oral communication.
- Verifiable four-year degree in Human Resources is preferred. Prefer to have at least one year of experience working in the field of human / disabilities services.
- Employee must maintain a home office with secure computer access, internet access, printer/scanner and telephone
- Maintain clear criminal history in accordance with 460 IAC 6-10-5 and BDDS #460 0221 010, further defined in the Advocacy Links Employment Agreement. Criminal History checks will be completed prior to hire and every three years during employment.
Reports to: Managing Member
Employment Status: Full-Time Salary Exempt
Benefits Eligible: 401k benefits after 90 days of employment. Health Insurance available to full-time employees after meeting eligibility requirements. Monthly expense reimbursement within cap guidelines
Travel Required: Regular daily travel is not always required. HR will travel for regular training and supervisor meetings, as well as occasional meetings with employees as needed for documentation needs, supervisory support, etc.
Pay Range: $42,000 - $45,000 starting salary
Supervises Others: No
Experience Required: 3 – 5 years, preferred
BusinessView all jobs at Advocacy Links