Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI) is the largest business-to-business media organization for the promotional product and advertising industry, offering award-winning publishing, marketing and ASI e-commerce services to over 27,000 members. We produce catalogs, directories, newsletters, magazines, web sites, databases and cutting-edge interactive business tools.
Awarded one of the 'Best Places to Work' on the Philadelphia Business Journal's list of mid-size businesses for providing exceptional benefits and programs for our employees. We also employ the latest technologies while maintaining a family-friendly environment for nearly 400 employees, headquartered in Trevose, PA. We offer on-site gym, day care, café, car service, car wash and dry cleaning service. Visit us at www.asicentral.com.
The Linux DevOps Engineer will ensure that Linux environment meets requirements for redundancy, scalability, performance, and security. The Linux DevOps Engineer is responsible for working across all infrastructure foundations (server, storage, network, and applications) to comprehend and recommend improvements and enhancements to existing and all future implementations and to help set the direction on all current and future projects and processes. This is a hands-on position requiring expertise from idea and design through implementation and post-implementation support /maintenance.
- Hands-on management of complex solutions and leading technical projects to achieve successful delivery (on-budget, on-date, on-spec).
- Working on the technical aspects of proposal writing and proposing and pitching technical solutions.
- Recommend effective solutions to complex business requirements and technical issues.
- Act as a “Go To” resource, playing a vital role in the design and implementation of production, UAT, staging, QA and development environments in a 24/7 operation.
- Participate in development of infrastructure strategy, including technology standardization and modernization.
- Develop design standards and guidelines, and mentor other infrastructure professionals within the team.
- Identifying emerging trends or technologies that could impact us in the future.
- Work with extended team both inside and outside of the department to prevent or solve difficult performance problems.
- Multi-task multiple projects at one time as well as work in a customer-centric environment.
- Provide detailed documentation on system design and implementation.
- 5+ years' exp in a Senior System’s administration role, with concentration around Linux, open source, servers, storage, and automation.
- 10+ years’ IT exp, preferably in an IaaS, SaaS, or similar industry.
- 7+ years’ exp with Unix/Linux Operating Systems with focus on RedHat/CentOS distributions.
- 5+ years’ exp with automation/scripting (BASH, Ruby, or Perl).
- 3+ years' exp with the direct cloud (Azure or AWS) highly desirable.
- Exp deploying & troubleshooting distributed applications and servers. Must have experience working as part of a larger team that spans outside of the infrastructure team.
- Must be well-versed in and have exp with IT policies and procedures, technology standards, protocols, and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work with others.
- Experience in any of the following would be a plus: Windows Server OSes, PowerShell, VMWare-based virtualization Platform, or Cisco-based Networking
ASI offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, seven paid holidays, paid time off (PTO) and much more. Visit our company career web site at www.asicareers.com. Take this opportunity to join our successful team! Apply today! EOE m/f/d/v.