Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Sr. Pre-Services Representative who:
Coordinates and processes patient pre-registration documents including, but not limited to, billing and insurance forms. Completes patients' registration packets with all necessary forms/documents in preparation for admissions. Completes pre-registration requirements by obtaining demographic and financial information by utilizing all organization-based clinical computer systems.
- Notifies patients of financial responsibility and makes arrangements for collection of copayments, deductibles and/or any out-of-pocket expenses prior to admission. Obtains necessary patient information for other departments, as needed. Collaborates with physician's offices and/or pre-authorization team/s to secure appropriate pre-certification/authorizations.
- Assists customers with Federal and State insurance applications by evaluating documentation for completeness and accuracy. Establishes appointments with local county welfare office. Maintains and updates patient accounts for financial eligibility.
- Obtains necessary authorizations for inpatient stays from utilization review. Discusses, arranges and receives payment of bills.
- Posts payments and contractual adjustments, as needed, to patients' accounts. Serves as a resource to patients by providing insurance information and benefits. Sets-up payment schedules, as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Two years patient access registration and scheduling experience: Preferred
- Experience within registration and/or insurance benefit verification and pre-certification: Preferred