Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Radiologic Technologist (PD) who:
Operates x-ray equipment to produce radiographs of designated portions of body as ordered by physicians. Positions and instructs patients prior to examination, adjusts the x-ray equipment and determines proper voltage as well as current and desired exposure time for each radiograph.
- Performs screening procedures for diagnostic interpretation. Explains procedures to patients and answers questions. Prepares equipment for use as needed. Prepares examination rooms for patient exams. Positions patients for imaging exams. Monitors patients and ensures safety during exams.
- Produces diagnostic images. Documents exam information. Reports important information to the physician.
- Verifies exams on PACS.Administers targeted doses of radiation to the patient's body to treat cancer or other diseases. Administers trace amounts of radiopharmaceuticals to a patient to obtain functional information about organs, tissues and bone. Measures bone mineral density.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- CALIFORNIAAssociate's Degree in radiological technology: Required
- OREGON AND HAWAIIAssociate's Degree in radiological technology: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- CALIFORNIA AND HAWAIIAmerican Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification: Preferred
- OREGONOregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) Radiologic Technologist License: Required