Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Home Care Services brings quality care to home bound patients in the comfort of their own home throughout the greater Portland area. At Adventist Health, Home Health is available around the clock, including weekends and holidays. We know that patients facing a serious illness, or recuperating after a surgery generally prefer the comforts of home for their recovery. Our staff creates an individual plan of care for each patient, based on the patient's physician's orders to help manage care effectively with the utmost respect for the patient's dignity, privacy and well-being.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN, Care Manager (Home Health) who:
Delivers coordinated nursing care for patients in their place of residence according to established standards of care and the nursing process. Provides excellent patient care by assisting in collaboration, development, implementation, revision and reporting of the case management program. Acts as a liaison between the patient, family, nurse, physicians, multidisciplinary team and patient's healthcare benefactor to optimize outcomes. Serves as a consultant to the healthcare team on specific patient items.
- Delivers coordinated nursing care for patients in their place of residence.
- Leads the coordination of patient care with other disciplines within the care team, monitoring the appropriateness and timeliness of care.
- Ensures the interdisciplinary care plan is consistent with the patient's clinical course, continuing care needs and covered services by monitoring diagnostic testing, treatments and procedures, and other aspects of patient care as appropriate for acute care.
- Discusses with physicians, the appropriateness of resource utilization, consultations, treatment plan, estimated length of stay and discharge plan.
- Focuses on complex patients, frequent emergency department utilizers, chronic pain and substance abuse patients, and homeless patients.
- Collaborates with acute care case managers to ensure appropriateness on ongoing care.
- Coordinates the transfer of patients to tertiary centers, including the transfer of patient information required for continuity of ongoing treatment and services.
- Provides oversight and collects data required for regulatory/accreditation compliance.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN): Required
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
- Previous nursing experience in acute care or home health: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in State of Oregon: Required
- AHA BLS certification for Healthcare Providers: Required
- Valid Driver's License (DL): Required