Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health is ranked #10 in Becker's list of the largest nonprofit hospital systems in the U.S. We are the largest company headquartered and sixth largest employer in Roseville, California. To accommodate our growing services, we created a new campus that brings our workforce of nearly 900 people together in one location and also facilitate a deeper connection with our Roseville neighbors and community.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Quality Assurance Nurse (Home Health) who:
Coordinates the ongoing development and implementation of organization wide quality improvement activities. Collaborates with hospital leadership, staff, physicians and information systems in facilitating specific job activities to achieve organizational goals. Assists in the coordination of studies performed within the Quality Assurance program and prepare reports as required.
- Prepares first level analytical and statistical reports for the department.
- Maintains information systems and report results regularly to the department director and appropriate leadership, physicians and staff.
- Assists with the maintenance of the company's quality assurance program and identifies opportunities to improve patient care within the center.
- Conducts concurrent and retrospective chart audits and data extraction and focused studies as assigned.
- Assists in the planning, organization and direction of Quality Assurance programs and related activities.
- Develops and maintains a calendar of chart review activities, including focus studies.
- Ensures chart reviews are timely, accurate, and meet all data requirements for TJC, CHAP, CMS, Medical Staff and the Board Quality Council and Governing Board.
- Maintains responsibility to perform initial screening and analysis of reported events, conduct data abstraction, and assist in facilitating meaningful Medical Staff case review documentation.
- Monitors physician specific tracking, trending and reporting and provides assistance in abstracting and aggregating physician specific OPPE data in accordance with the credentialing process.
- Monitors compliance with both internal standards and regulatory requirements and makes recommendations for the adjustment of company programs accordingly.
- Develops and implements appropriate plans of action to correct identified deficiencies as needed.
- Identifies peer review cases through internal and external sources as appropriate.
- Collaborates in planning, implementing, and evaluating department activities.
- Assists Department Heads and staff in the evaluation of programs and effect changes as necessary to improve programs and assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Preferred
At least one (1) year of home health nursing experience: Preferred
Previous quality assurance experience in home health or hospice: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of California: Required