Human Resources Director
- Expired: February 08, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Director, Human Performance who:
Acts as a Human Performance (HP) Leader in providing employees with an unparalleled career experience in a safe, supportive and engaging workplace which promotes personal and professional development. Helps to align HP strategy to business strategy at the local ministry, particularly focusing on applying HP policies/programs to business, talent and/or organizational issues, including the resolution of complex employee relations issues. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
- Provides strategic HP consulting services, such as organizational design and change management to local/facility leaders and employee managers. Assesses impact of HP and talent programs at a local/ministry level. Partners with regional and system HP leadership, you will serve as a vital business partner to leaders, offering expertise and guidance as we collectively champion the elevation of the culture, engagement and performance of our employees. Leads with an operational focus, setting strategy, objectives and policies.
- Coordinates with Communities of Expertise (COE) to adapt system-wide HP talent/programs to local/ministry needs. Coordinates with Chief Executive Officers to develop new HP and talent. Participates, and represents HP, in strategic local/ministry business plan development and ongoing business meetings/decisions programs. Leads department(s) activities through managers and supervisors, including full human resources, cost and financial accountability. Establishes operational objectives for the department including work plans and delegating assignments to team.
- Leads and advises on talent management practices within assigned region or Ministry related to organizational design and change management, workforce planning, leadership/employee development and training, performance management and compensation reviews, career/succession planning and workforce analytics/organizational effectiveness. Controls planning, staffing and budgeting and manages expense priorities. Recommends and implements changes to methods.
- Leads and/or supports investigation and resolution of escalated complex employee relations issues as required. Assists with monitoring of equity/trends in wage and salary for assigned department/s, and collaborates with Total Rewards COE. Oversees staff learning and development. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policy and long-term goals of the department(s).
- Supports HP acquisitions and/or divestitures processes and coordinates integration of Human Resources COE content/resources. Leads and oversees Human Resources Advisors and subordinate staff, as appropriate. Prepares department(s) budgets and recommends for approval.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Seven years related experienced: Preferred
- Five years Human Resources Business Partnering/Consulting/Leadership experience: Preferred
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
The estimated base pay for this position is $132,384 to $198,577. Additional individual compensation may be available for this role through years of experience, differentials, extra shift incentives, bonuses, etc. Base pay is only a portion of the total rewards package and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions. Please contact our Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Adventist Health Physicians Network
Get fresh Northwell Health HR jobs daily straight to your inbox!