- Expired: February 08, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Director, RN who:
Provides overall supervision of nursing for patient care units. Maintains direct accountability for the financial, operational and mission performance for specific services/departments assigned. Works in full collaboration and cooperation with all areas to coordinate services that will support the strategic goals and mission of the hospital. Maintains responsibility for coordinating services of departments including staffing, operational policies and procedures, systems and programs, standards and compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements. Establishes and achieves appropriate patient care standards and coordinates the services with the appropriate clinical management team. Supervises and directs the activities of various levels of assigned personnel using both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment.
- Creates and drives a culture and environment of superior quality and patient safety, while maintaining regulatory compliance at the highest standards. Works closely with medical directors and appropriate medical staff to establish clinical standards, discuss Hospital patient care performance problems and needs, and to establish the overall direction for services. Assures that the patient care units maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory and other standards on a regular basis. Uses consistent exercise of discretion and judgment.
- Assesses unit business strategies on a regular basis and develops new and creative programs and service that are in response to documented market demands. Ensures financial viability and stewardship through revenue enhancement and cost management systems. Keeps staff productivity at the requested level. Negotiates managed care contracts. Seeks out new clinical and/or non-clinical business opportunities that are consistent with the overall Hospital strategic goals.
- Supervises the quality and effectiveness of patient care delivered by assigned employees in the patient care units in consultation with other members of the management and exerts influence and gives direction to employees for patient teaching and other activities as needed. Evaluates overall patient care and related activities to ensure consistency with hospital strategies and objectives. Delivers extraordinary service and customer experience at all times, and motivates staff to also achieve maximal patient or client satisfaction.
- Establishes staffing ratios within allotted nursing hours. Maintains and meets expectations on time for all competencies, license, certifications and education requirement. Manages patient care and related staff by participating in the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, promoting, and discharging staff as needed or directed, and conducting annual employee performance evaluations. Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance, evaluating and comparing possible courses-of-action, and making decisions/recommendations after considering the various possibilities.
- Creates engaging workplaces and program strategies that meet the future healthcare needs of the community using new and modernized technology. Empowers and encourages others to contribute creative and innovative approaches to achieve continuous improvement. Promotes effective safety and infection control practices among employees and in the environment, keeping updated on safety and procedures, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Master's Degree: Preferred
- Seven years related experience: Preferred
- Five years leadership experience: Preferred
- Four years experience of acute care nursing in hospital setting: Preferred
- National specialty certification in area of expertise or in nursing administration: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in state of practice: Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Apply to learn more about our total compensation and benefits!
Adventist Health Physicians Network
Get fresh Adventist Home Health jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.