The Nurse Educator Critical Care is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel
- Effective oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills
- Self-direction, creativity, initiative to develop educational programs
- Leadership ability and working knowledge of leadership principles and management skills
- Utilizes principles of education, adult learning and, for nurses, bases all activities on the professional growth pathway of the Novice to Expert continuum. Integrates current published research and literature into all learning activities. Maintains knowledge of national and local trends in nursing practice.
- Orientation: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for individuals new to the nursing unit/department. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- Training/Role Transition: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses new to the unit/department. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management, if necessary. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
- Leadership: Actively participates, communicates and serves as a positive change agent for all units'/departments', campuses' and system's initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as required in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
- Career Development: Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with unit/department leadership. Counsels assigned staff related to their career pathway.
- Continuing Education/Continued Competency: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to systematic professional learning experiences, based on needs assessments, designed to augment the knowledge, skills and attitudes of assigned staff including continuing education, in-service education, continued competence based on unit/department needs, organization initiatives/goals and policy revisions. Monitors and reports compliance with required education.
- Academic Partnership: Facilitates a supportive environment for academic partnership by ensuring appropriate student placement and a positive student experience within the unit/department.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Bachelor of Science (BSN) OR Master of Science (MSN) degree
- Three-five years experience in the area of specialty applying for
- Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
- Master of Science degree
- Prior experience as a nurse educator
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
- Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
- Certification as Nursing Professional Development Educator
- Certification in clinical or educator specialty
- Basic or advanced life support instructor, depending on specialty (Instructor certification overrides Provider certification)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.