Senior Project Manager - Design and Construction - AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes pre-construction understanding of operational considerations to consistently assess project risks and formulates mitigation plans as needed. Successfully develops and updates project budgets as required utilizing "Project Budget Tracking Form." Delivers projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner in accordance with the approved project scope.
- Effectively leads project evaluation meetings and administrative reviews from conception to completion. Manages the negotiation and bidding of the project; develops, manages, and delivers a project change control process as needed to ensure project team operates within the scope and change approval process.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the Project Manager and Project Coordinator to assure the project is progressing appropriately, frequently visits job site throughout construction, follows established procedures of the Design & Construction department.
- Monitors subcontractor activities to guarantee compliance with project budget and specification requirements and administers RFIs and Change Orders.
- Multitasks, including managing contract employees, consultants, vendors and staff.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Construction
- Management or related field
- Seven years' healthcare design and construction project management experience
- Extensive experience in managing diverse teams to deliver complex information solutions
- Extensive experience in construction process, including all project deliverables
- Experience with Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA, or equivalent state agency) construction requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar project management program
- Proficient in e-Builder software program
- Ten years' healthcare project management experience
- Current State of Florida License in Architecture, Interior Design, Structural or Civil Engineering
- General Contracting License
- Project management certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.