Consumer Access Specialist
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: Advent Health - Manchester
The role you'll contribute:
Ensures patients are appropriately registered for all service lines. Performs eligibility verification, obtains pre-cert and/or authorizations, makes financial arrangements, requests and receives payments for services, performs cashiering functions, clears registration errors and edits pre-bill, and other duties as required. Maintains a close working relationship with clinical partners to ensure continual open communication between clinical, ancillary and patient access departments. Actively participates in extending exemplary service to both internal and external customers and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Provides PBX (switchboard) coverage and support as needed.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Proactively seeks assistance to improve any responsibilities assigned to their role
- Accountable for maintaining a working relationship with clinical partners to ensure open communications between clinical, ancillary, and patient access departments, which enhances the patient experience
- Provides timely and continual coverage of assigned work area in order to offer prompt patient service and availability for all clinical partner registration needs. Arranges relief coverage during extended time away from assigned registration area.
- Meets and exceeds productivity standards determined by department leadership
- Meets attendance and punctuality requirements. Maintains schedule flexibility to meet department needs. Exhibits effective time management skills by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime
- If applicable to facility, provides coverage for PBX (Switchboard) as needed, which includes full shifts, breaks, and any scheduled/ unscheduled coverage requirements
- If applicable to facility, maintains knowledge of PBX (Switchboard), which includes answering phones, transferring calls or providing alternative direction to the caller, paging overhead codes, and communicating effectively with clinical areas to ensure code coverage. If applicable to facility, knowledge of alarm systems and protocols and expedites code phone response. Maintains knowledge of security protocol
- Actively attends department meetings and promotes positive dialogue within the team
- Contacts insurance companies by phone, fax, online portal, and other resources to obtain and verify insurance eligibility and benefits and determine extent of coverage within established timeframe before scheduled appointments and during or after care for unscheduled patients
- Verifies medical necessity in accordance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) standards and communicates relevant coverage/eligibility information to the patient. Alerts physician offices to issues with verifying insurance
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent AND 1 year experience
- One year of relevant healthcare experience
- Prior collections experience
- One year of customer service experience
- One year of direct Patient Access experience
- Associate' degree
AdventHealth Medical GroupManchester, KY
HealthcareView All AdventHealth Medical Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.